Monday, June 13, 2011

Famous Kings & Queens of Africa Series: Part 1

My name was immortalized in the Hebrew Bible, the Islamic Qu’ran, and the Kebra Nagast (Glory of the Kings).  Although a bite from my pet jackal left me with a slight limp, I was considered quite beautiful.  In search of truth and wisdom, I trekked 1400 miles across the sands of Arabia, the coast of the Red Sea, and over the Jordan River to Jerusalem to meet King Solomon.  Some believe the “Song of Songs” was written to me by Solomon.  For my people I brought back the worship of the one true God.  Who am I?  


Hint


-Material contributed by: Sue Roberts

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, thank you for your shares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Rita Ria - the painter of "Queen of Sheba".
    I am sorry, but I can't give you permission to use my artwork at your homepage (due to some rights of the photografer of the reference photo I used). Please, remove my artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your artwork will be taken down shortly. We have lost contact with the administrator (a volunteer) of this account. Once we locate him or er, we will remove it.

      Earl Smith
      Chairman
      Museum Africa

      Delete